The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Although only a meter in depth over the earth's surface, soil is key to sustaining life-affecting air and water quality, the growth of plants and crops, and the health of the entire planet. The complex interplay among organic and inorganic solids, air, water, microorganisms, and plant roots in soil is the subject of Soil Chemistry, a reference pivotal to understanding soil processes and problems.
Thoroughly reorganized for ease of use, this updated Third Edition of Soil Chemistry summarizes the important research and fundamental knowledge in the field in a single, readily usable text, including:
- Soil-ion interactions
- Biogeological cycles and pollution
- Water and soil solutions
- Oxidation and reduction
- Inorganic solid phase and organic matter in soil
- Weathering and soil development
- Cation retention (exchange)
- Anion and molecular retention
- Acid and salt-affected soils
New to the Third Edition is an enhanced emphasis on soil solution chemistry and expanded coverage of phosphate chemistry and the chemical principles of the aqueous phase. At the same time, the book has retained the clear examination of the fundamentals of the science of soil that has distinguished earlier editions. Complete with SI units and end-of-chapter study questions, Soil Chemistry is an excellent introductory resource for students studying this crucial topic.
321 pages; ISBN 9780471274971
, or download in
- Academic > Agriculture > Soils. Soil science > Soil science; Encyclopedias
- Academic > Agriculture > Soils. Soil science > Soil chemistry
- Academic > Agriculture > Soils. Soil science > Soils; Trace element content
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Edaphology: Soils and life > Soils. Soil science
- Technology > Agriculture > Soil Science
- Science > Chemistry
- Science > Earth Sciences