The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Groundwater Modeling Using Geographical Information Systems
Groundwater Modeling Using Geographical Information Systems covers fundamental information on flow and mass transport modeling and demonstrates how GIS technology makes these models and analyses more accurate than ever before.
GIS technology allows for swift organization, quantification, and interpretation of large quantities of geohydrological data with computer accuracy and minimal risk of human error. This book's companion Web site provides the Princeton Transport Code, as well as the plug-in extensions required to interface this code with the Argus ONE numerical environment software enclosed with this book. Plug-in extensions for MODFLOW and MT3D computer codes can be found at the Argus ONE Web site (www.argusint.com). The process for using the Geographic Modeling Approach (GMA) to model groundwater flow and transport is demonstrated step by step with a field example from Tucson, Arizona. The GMA is composed of the Argus ONE Geographic Information Modeling system and the Princeton Transport Code groundwater flow and transport model, interfaced through the plug-in extension available on Argus ONE.
Enhanced with more than 150 illustrations and screen captures, Groundwater Modeling Using Geographical Information Systems is a fundamental book for civil engineers, hydrologists, environmental engineers, geologists, and students in these fields, as well as software engineers working on GIS applications and environmental attorneys and regulators. When used in combination with the free modeling software, this book provides an excellent student text.
247 pages; ISBN 9780471275534
, or download in
Title: Groundwater Modeling Using Geographical Information Systems
Author: George F. Pinder
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water purification. Water treatment and conditioning. Saline water conversion > Physical geography, History
- Academic > Geography > Physical geography > Hydrology. Water > Ground and surface waters > Groundwater. Hydrogeology
- Academic > Physical Geography > Groundwater. Hydrogeology > Groundwater flow
- Science > Earth Sciences > Hydrology
- Technology > Engineering > Environmental
- Technology > Engineering > Civil
- Science > Geology
- Science > Geography
- Science > Environmental Science
- Computers > Computer Graphics
- Computers > Data Modeling & Design
- Technology > Remote Sensing
- Technology > Hydrology