The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Politics of Irish Drama
Plays in Context from Boucicault to Friel
The Politics of Irish Drama analyzes some twenty-five of the best-known Irish plays from those of Dion Boucicault to Sebastian Barry, including works by Shaw, Yeats, Lady Gregory and Beckett. The book looks at political contexts for these plays and, in arguing for the outward-directed nature of dramatic representation of Ireland, shows Irish drama to be an international as much as national phenomenon.
More from this author
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Prose > Prose fiction. The novel
- Academic > Literature > English literature > English literature: Provincial, local, etc.
- Literary Criticism > European > English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh
- Performing Arts > Theater
- Drama > English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh
- Literary Criticism > Drama
- History > Ireland
- Political Science