The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Leadership in the Wesleyan Spirit
Yet the way one goes about this work, contends Lovett H. Weems, Jr., is anything but simple. It involves walking a tightrope between continuity and change. The task is neither to repeat the past, nor to ignore it. Rather the need is to locate the genius behind the achievements of the past from which we can learn for our day. It is to choose selectively those themes and emphases of the Wesleyan movement that can best inform the practice of ministry today, and to seek to grow into them.
In order to achieve this, Weems identifies such principles of early Wesleyanism as beginning with where people are, focusing on service, and remembering the poor. He then enumerates practices of Wesleyan leadership, such as leading from the center and the edge, living in tension, and making "connection" happen. Finally, he names the core passions of the Wesleyan spirit: knowing God, proclaiming Christ, and seeking justice
106 pages; ISBN 9780687081226
, or download in
- Academic > Religion > Abrahamic Religions > Christianity > Christian Denominations > Church unity. Ecumenical movement. Interdenominational cooperation
- Academic > Religion > Abrahamic Religions > Christianity > Christian Denominations > Protestantism
- Religion > Christianity > Pastoral Ministry
- Religion > Christianity > Protestantism
- Religion > Leadership
- Religion > Theology
- Religion > Devotional
- Religion > Institutions & Organizations