The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Working to Learn
Transforming Learning in the Workplace
This book considers the changing nature of work and the effects that this has on the learning and skills requirements of individuals, the ways that these requirements can be met and the implications of this for the workplace, employers and employees, educators and for society.
International in scope, Working to Learn brings together acknowledged experts in this field. Taking both evidence-based and analytical perspectives, the book challenges many of the generalizations about the changing nature of work and skills, and identifies the workplace itself a critical site for access to learning. In doing so, it develops an illuminating perspective on the social context of the modern workplace and highlights the implications of change for management, for the regulation of employment and for the accreditation of learning, and shows the overarching need to transform workplace learning.
The book is edited and written by an influential team that includes core members of the Working to Learn Group, which produced the significant Working to Learn report in 1997. Developed from that report and a subsequent series of seminars and research, this book presents the latest thinking in this field with examples of current practice and suggests policies and practical approaches that will support excellence and equity in workplace learning.
256 pages; ISBN 9781135726133
, or download in
More from this author
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Labor. Work. Working class > Labor market. Labor supply. Labor demand
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Management. Industrial management > Location of industry
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Management. Industrial management > Organizational behavior
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Educational consultants and consulting
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Education > Higher
- Business > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Business > Education