The Professional Practice of Architectural Working Drawings
In one beautifully illustrated volume, The Professional Practice of Architectural Working Drawings presents the full range of skills, concepts, principles, and applications needed to create a full set of architectural working drawings. This new Third Edition emphasizes the importance of communicating general design concepts through specific working drawings. Chapters proceed logically through each stage of development, beginning with site and foundation plans and progressing to elevations, building sections, and other drawings.
New features of this Third Edition include:
- Coverage of the latest CAD technologies and techniques
- Environmental and human design considerations
- Supplemental step-by-step instructions for complex chapters
- Ten case studies, including five fully evolved case studies
- Hundreds of additional computer-generated drawings and photographs, including three-dimensional models and full-size buildings shown in virtual space
- Tips for establishing a strategy for developing construction documents
This new edition also presents completely updated material on metric conversions, code analysis, masonry, and steel. Sets of working drawings for five different buildings are followed layer by layer from design concept through the finished construction documents. A companion Web site (www.wiley.com/go/wakita) includes summaries for each chapter, a glossary, review questions, laboratory problems, access to dozens of CAD drawings, a complete study guide, and much more.
The Professional Practice of Architectural Working Drawings, Third Edition is an invaluable book for students in architecture, construction, engineering, interior design, and environmental design programs, as well as beginning professionals in these fields.
738 pages; ISBN 9780471292333
, or download in
Title: The Professional Practice of Architectural Working Drawings
Author: Osamu A. Wakita; Richard M. Linde