E-learning Tools and Technologies
A consumer's guide for trainers, teachers, educators, and instructional designers
With its ability to both reduce operating costs and train more people, E-Learning is an attractive option for companies that are trying to balance business and educational goals. But in order to implement an E-Learning program, you'll have to wade through hundreds of learning management systems, learning content management systems, authoring schools, and collaboration environments to determine what solution will work best for your situation.
In this in-depth book, recognized E-Learning experts William and Katherine Horton survey the entire field of E-Learning tools for you. They provide you with a systematic way to identify, evaluate, and choose products and services based on different E-Learning scenarios.
In this no-holds barred look at E-Learning tools, the authors:
- Arm you with a complete list of questions to ask vendors before you commit to a product
- Describe product limitations throughout each chapter and include special Rant sections that you must read
- Present tips and tricks as well as common mistakes to avoid
- List potential vendors and contact information by tool category
The companion Web site contains design forms, checklists of features to look for in the various tool categories, spreadsheets, and lists of specific tools and vendors.
589 pages; ISBN 9780471456780
, or download in
Title: E-learning Tools and Technologies
Author: William Horton; Katherine Horton
- Academic > Business and Commerce > Business and Commerce > Personnel management. Employment management
- Academic > Business and Commerce > Business
- Academic > Economics > Commerce
- Computers > Internet > Web Site Design
- Computers > Internet > World Wide Web
- Computers > Internet > Web Site Directories
- Education > Distance Education & Learning
- Business > Education
- Business > Training