Theory and Application
- Dividing the topic into logical strands covering pollution, waste and manufacturing, the book examines the potential for biotechnological interventions and current industrial practice, with the underpinning microbial techniques and methods described, in context, against this background.
- Each chapter is supported by located case studies from a range of industries and countries to provide readers with an overview of the range of applications for biotechnology.
Essential reading for undergraduates and Masters students taking modules in Biotechnology or Pollution Control as part of Environmental Science, Environmental Management or Environmental Biology programmes. It is also suitable for professionals involved with water, waste management and pollution control.
301 pages; ISBN 9780470856765
, or download in
Title: Environmental Biotechnology
Author: Gareth M. Evans; Judith C. Furlong
- Academic > Engineering > Environmental technology > Environmental pollution
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Environmental pollution
- Technology > Engineering > Chemical & Biochemical
- Science > Earth Sciences
- Science > Environmental Science
- Science > Biotechnology
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology
- The Environment