An Architectural Approach to Level Design
Explore Level Design through the Lens of Architectural and Spatial Experience Theory
Written by a game developer and professor trained in architecture, An Architectural Approach to Level Design is one of the first books to integrate architectural and spatial design theory with the field of level design. It explores the principles of level design through the context and history of architecture, providing information useful to both academics and game development professionals.
Understand Spatial Design Principles for Game Levels in 2D, 3D, and Multiplayer Applications
The book presents architectural techniques and theories for level designers to use in their own work. The author connects architecture and level design in different ways that address the practical elements of how designers construct space and the experiential elements of how and why humans interact with this space. Throughout the text, readers learn skills for spatial layout, evoking emotion through gamespaces, and creating better levels through architectural theory.
Create Meaningful User Experiences in Your Games
Bringing together topics in game design and architecture, this book helps designers create better spaces for their games. Software independent, the book discusses tools and techniques that designers can use in crafting their interactive worlds.
456 pages; ISBN 9781466585423
Title: An Architectural Approach to Level Design
Author: Christopher W. Totten
Java For Everyone 2012 US$ 52.00 831 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Computer games; Programming
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Multimedia
- Computers > Computer Graphics
- Computers > Programming
- Computers > Entertainment & Games