The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Writing & Selling Crime Film Screenplays
Advice from an expert, ranging from learning the subgenres to approaching financial partners
Aimed at screenwriters, producers, development executives, and educators interested in the crime genre, this book provides an invaluable basis for crafting a film story that considers both audience and market expectations without compromising originality. A brief historical overview of the crime genre is presented for context along with an analysis of various crime sub-genres and their key conventions, including: police, detective, film noir, gangster, heist, prison, and serial killer. The book focuses on the creative use of these conventions and offers strategies for focusing theme and improving characterization, story design, structure, and dialogue. Paradigms, story patterns, and writing exercises are provided to assist the script development process, and strategies for revision are discussed along with key questions to consider before approaching creative or financial partners.
192 pages; ISBN 9781842439753
, or download in or
More Performing Arts
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > Special topics
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > Motion Pictures > Motion pictures
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Performing Arts > Film > Screenwriting