The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Writing & Selling Thriller Screenplays
The lowdown on not only getting a thriller feature script on the page, but also getting it in front of producers and investors
From premise to resolution, this book guides writers through the craft of thriller writing, citing classic thrillers such as Psycho, The Shining, The Sixth Sense, and Fatal Attraction, and lesser-known gems like Red Eye, Desperate Measures, Impostor, and Drive. The book also considers how the screenplay might be sold to investors, looking at high concept ideas, pitching, packaging, and the realities of film finance. It answers such common questions as What is flight vs. fight? What is the difference between horror and thriller? What are the different sub genres of thriller? What part do actors play in film finance? How can limited locations create new opportunities in storytelling and financing? Why is the lone protagonist so in demand? and Why are female characters so popular in thriller?
192 pages; ISBN 9781842439722
, or download in or
More Performing Arts
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > Special topics
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > Motion Pictures > Motion pictures
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Performing Arts > Film > Screenwriting