C# Game Programming Cookbook for Unity 3D
An Accessible, Modular Style of Game Building—Easily Start Making Games with Unity 3D
C# Game Programming Cookbook for Unity 3D presents a highly flexible core framework to create just about any type of game by plugging in different script components. Most scripts function within the game framework or in your own structures. The techniques and concepts discussed in the book give you a solid foundation in game development.
The first ten chapters set up the flexible, reusable framework based in C# and suitable for all game types. The book also explains scripting of generic, reusable, and common functionality.
The remainder of the text adds game-specific code to the framework to create four example games: a top-down arena shooter, a futuristic racing combat game, a tank arena deathmatch game, and a classic arcade-style vertical scrolling shoot ’em up. The games encompass artificial intelligence (path following, target chasing, and line-of-sight patrolling behaviors), game state control, wheel colliders, and weapon inventory management. The example files are available for download on the book’s CRC Press web page.
Reducing your recoding, repurposing, or adaptation time, this book provides script-based components that you can use to jump start your own projects. The book’s modular components can be mixed and matched to build various kinds of video games for the Unity game engine.
452 pages; ISBN 9781466581425
Title: C# Game Programming Cookbook for Unity 3D
Author: Jeff W. Murray
CompTIA Network+ Study Guide 2015 US$ 49.99 960 pages
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Mastering HTML5 Forms 2013 US$ 17.99 148 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Computer games; Programming
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Multimedia
- Computers > Computer Graphics
- Computers > Programming
- Computers > Entertainment & Games