The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
A Practitioner's Guide in Atmospheric Science
Each chapter covers a different type of predicted quantity (predictand), then looks at some of the relationships between economic value and skill scores, before moving on to review the key concepts and summarise aspects of forecast verification that receive the most attention in other disciplines.
The book concludes with a discussion on the most important topics in the field that are the subject of current research or that would benefit from future research.
- An easy to read guide of current techniques with real life case studies
- An up-to-date and practical introduction to the different techniques and an examination of their strengths and weaknesses
- Practical advice given by some of the world?s leading forecasting experts
- Case studies and illustrations of actual verification and its interpretation
- Comprehensive glossary and consistent statistical and mathematical definition of commonly used terms
256 pages; ISBN 9780470864418
, or download in
More from this author
- Academic > Physics > Weather forecasting > Numerical weather forecasting
- Academic > Physics > Weather forecasting > Statistical weather forecasting
- Academic > Physics > Meteorology. Climatology
- Academic > Physics > Climatology and weather
- Science > Environmental Science
- Science > Meteorology
- Science > Earth Sciences
- Science > Research & Methodology
- The Environment