The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Learning iCloud Data Management
A Hands-On Guide to Structuring Data for iOS and OS X
“A great read for iOS developers who want to learn if iCloud is right for their app and dive right in with lots of practical code examples.”
—Jon Bell, UXLaunchpad.com
Get Hands-On Mastery of iCloud Data Management for iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks
As apps rapidly move into business and the cloud, iOS and OS X developers need new data management techniques. In Learning iCloud Data Management, renowned Apple database expert Jesse Feiler shows you how to use Apple’s latest APIs and technologies to structure and synchronize all forms of data. Feiler helps you understand the issues, implement efficient solutions, and deliver highly usable apps that seamlessly synchronize during the “Round Trip” between iOS and OS X and back again.
This guide walks you through integrating several key Apple data management technologies, including the Address Book and Calendar APIs. Feiler shows you how to structure data so it’s easy to build great Cocoa and Cocoa Touch user interfaces and to quickly incorporate reliable iCloud syncing. Step by step, you’ll discover how to blend Apple’s standard application data structures with your own user data to create a feature-rich and fully syncable environment.
- Understanding iCloud from the developer’s and user’s point of view
- Accessing synchronized user calendars and contacts
- Integrating Reminders into your apps
- Playing by iCloud’s user privacy rules
- Applying consistent iOS Settings and OS X Preferences across user devices
- Managing persistent storage with Core Data
- Using Xcode Project Workspaces for shared development
- Adding data to app bundles and resources
- Integrating iCloud infrastructure, file wrappers, documents, and data
- Completing the”Round Trip” between both iOS and OS X
432 pages; ISBN 9780133134001
, or download in or
Program Logics for Certified Compilers 2014 US$ 14.99 469 pages
Using Google Maps and Google Earth 2011 US$ 19.99 360 pages