The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Chef's Book of Formulas, Yields, and Sizes
The Chef's Book of Formulas, Yields, and Sizes is a powerful tool for controlling food costs in any foodservice operation. Now in an updated third edition, this encyclopedic reference is packed with helpful, practical information, including kitchen yields for more than 2,000 ingredients listed by food groups, sample purchase quantities, suggested serving sizes, tips and tricks for working with various ingredients, and other helpful tools for getting the most out of any size budget.
This Third Edition broadens the knowledge of seasoned chefs and novices alike with new material on 150 previously unlisted ingredients, as well as:
- Coverage of ingredients unique to Indian, Chinese, Latin, and Japanese cooking
- Information on caloric counts, nutrition, and seasonal foods
- Serving sizes accepted in most fine restaurantsA versatile, exhaustive resource, the Chef's Book of Formulas, Yields, and Sizes also offers many informative, easy-to-read tables for quick access to facts on can and bottle sizes, weights and measures, steam table pan sizes, and table and tablecloth sizes, as well as more than fifty basic, large-quantity recipes for mousses, soups, dough, cakes, and much more.
The Chef's Book of Formulas, Yields, and Sizes, Third Edition is absolutely indispensable for any foodservice professional who must calculate costs for inventory management or determine exact measurements for portion control.
370 pages; ISBN 9780471476290
, or download in
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Food service > Food service; Safety measures; Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Academic > Family and Consumer Sciences > Cookery
- Academic > Family and Consumer Sciences > Hospitality industry
- Food and Wine > Beverages
- Food and Wine > Courses & Dishes
- Food and Wine > Specific Ingredients
- Business > Industries > Hospitality, Travel & Tourism