The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying
The Spiritual Classic & International Bestseller: Revised and Updated Edition
"What is it I hope for from this book? To inspire a quiet revolution in the whole way we look at health and care for the dying, and the whole way we look at life and care for the living."
This acclaimed spiritual masterpiece is widely regarded as one of the most complete and authoritative presen-tations of the Tibetan Buddhist teachings ever written. A manual for life and death and a magnificent source of sacred inspiration from the heart of the Tibetan tradition, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying provides a lucid and inspiring intro-duction to the practice of meditation, to the nature of mind, to karma and rebirth, to compassionate love and care for the dying, and to the trials and rewards of the spiritual path.
Buddhist meditation master and international teacher Sogyal Rinpoche brings together the ancient wisdom of Tibet with modern research on death and dying and the nature of the universe. With unprecedented scope, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying clarifies the majestic vision of life and death that underlies the classic sacred text The Tibetan Book of the Dead. Sogyal Rinpoche presents simple yet powerful practices from the heart of the Tibetan tradition that anyone, whatever their religion or background, can do to transform their lives, prepare for death, and help the dying.
Title: The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying
Author: Sogyal Rinpoche
More Body Mind
The Alchemist - 10th Anniversary Edition 2009 US$ 10.99 1 pages
Proof of Heaven 2012 US$ 11.65 224 pages
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Practice of Buddhism. Forms of worship > Modifications, schools, etc.
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Societies, councils, associations, clubs, etc.
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > History
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Buddhist literature
- Self-Help > Death, Grief, Bereavement
- Religion > Buddhism
- Body Mind & Spirit > Spirituality
- Body Mind & Spirit > Reincarnation