The Greatest Shows on Earth
World Theatre from Peter Brook to the Sydney Olympics
Written from various perspectives—international actors, directors, playwrights, academics, dancers, and artists—this book examines and celebrates 14 theater events from a dozen countries. As it makes a case for what makes certain theater productions great, this record also offers examples of writing about theater that imbues the analysis with emotion and documentation. From Peter Brook’s King Lear of 1962 through 2010’s Oberammergau Passionsspiele, the performances described are seminal works indeed.
296 pages; ISBN 9781907471872
, or download in or
Title: The Greatest Shows on Earth
Author: John Freeman
More Performing Arts
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > General works on the theater > 1801-
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Societies
- Performing Arts > Theater