The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Mothering the Self
Mothers, Daughters, Subjects
The mother-daughter relationship has preoccupied feminist writers for decades, but typically it has been the daughter's story at centre-stage. Mothering the Self brings together these maternal and daughterly stories by drawing on in-depth interviews with women who speak both as mothers and as daughters.
This study examines the ways in which these mothers and daughters participate in their understanding of class, gender, and race locations, both using and resisting them. The result is a fresh start from which to consider the far-reaching implications of this relationship - not simply for mothers and daughters, but in terms of how we understand the shaping of the self and its place within the social world.
240 pages; ISBN 9781134697175
, or download in
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, Expanded Edition 2014 US$ 10.99 288 pages
Hold Me Tight 2008 US$ 12.99
- Academic > Sociology > The Family. Marriage. Women > The family. Marriage. Home > Parents. Parenthood
- Academic > Family and Consumer Sciences > Parents, parenthood
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Women's Studies
- Social Science > Gender Studies
- Family & Relationships > Marriage
- Family & Relationships > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Family & Relationships > Adoption
- Family & Relationships > Parenting
- Family & Relationships > Family Relationships
- Family & Relationships > Divorce