The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Basic Groupwork is a simple, practical guide to the processes of groupwork. This new edition has been extensively updated and revised to reflect the changes which have taken place in society and social behaviour since it was first published in 1978, but in essence it remains an accessible and friendly text for the novice practitioner.
In logical sequence the book follows the progress of one group from inception to close and exposes how groups work. Basic group processes explained include:
- how individuals bring their personal habitual responses to situations into a group
- how group constraints enhance or restrain group behaviour and achievement
- how a group is affected by the way in which it has originated
- how leadership and membership roles interact.
Basic Groupwork provides students with a sound and solid basis for any kind of groupwork, in any context.
165 pages; ISBN 9781134590773
, or download in
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Protection, assistance and relief > Mendicancy. Vagabondism. Tramps. Homelessness.
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Medicine > Allied Health Services
- Medicine > Neurology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Social Psychology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Social Work
- Social Science > Social Issues