The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Balkan Wars 1912-1913
Prelude to the First World War
In The Balkan Wars 1912-1913, Richard Hall examines the origins, the enactment and the resolution of the Balkan Wars, during which the Ottoman Empire fought a Balkan coalition of Bulgaria, Greece, Montenegro and Serbia.
The Balkan Wars of 1912 - 1913 opened an era of conflict in Europe at the beginning of the 20th century, which lasted until 1918, and which established a basis for problems which tormented Europe until the end of the century.
Based on archival as well as published diplomatic and military sources, this book provides the first comprehensive perspective on the diplomatic and military aspects of the Balkan Wars. It demonstrates that, because of the diplomatic problems raised and the military strategies and tactics pursued to resolve those problems, The Balkan Wars of 1912-1913 were the first phase of the greater and wider conflict of the First World War.
193 pages; ISBN 9781134583638
, or download in
- Academic > History > History of Balkan Peninsula > History. Balkan War, 1912-1913
- Academic > History > History of Balkan Peninsula > Turkey
- Academic > History > History of Balkan Peninsula > Yugoslavia
- History > Europe > Eastern
- History > United States > 20th Century
- History > Military > World War I
- Political Science > International Relations
- History > Great Britain
- History > Africa
- History > Australia & Oceania
- History > World
- History > Far East
- Social Science