The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Starting to Teach in the Secondary School
A Companion for the Newly Qualified Teacher
More than seventy per cent of newly qualified secondary teachers feel that their initial teacher training courses have not really prepared them for all aspects of their role, and they feel they receive very little by way of an induction programme.
A much sought-after resource aimed specifically at student and newly qualified teachers, this guide tackles the issues which new teachers find difficult. The chapters include help with:
* making the transition from student to teacher
* working with a mentor
* taking on the pastoral role
* improving the effectiveness of teaching
* managing the workload
* working within a team
* reporting on pupils' progress
* preparing pupils for exams.
320 pages; ISBN 9781134787111
, or download in or
More from this author
More Social Science
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Secondary education. High schools
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Education and training of teachers and administrators
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Education > Secondary
- Social Science