The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
What's In It For Schools?
There has been much debate on the purposes and methods of assessment over the last couple of years. This book gathers together the latest thinking and looks at how assessment can be used to promote or inhibit learning. Unlike other books on the market, this one summarizes theory and shows how it can be best put into practice, using as little jargon as possible.
Some of the issues discussed in this text include:
* how assessment can erode self-esteem and motivation
* how skills of reflection, self-evaluation and personal target setting can impact on learning
* how far learners of all ages understand what they are required to learn
* how far students are able to evaluate their own performance and what schools can do in the short, medium and long-term to promote more effective learning.
Part of the What's In It For Schools series, this book is ideal for teachers and other non-academics concerned with education who require a grounding in the issue to help them in their daily work.
177 pages; ISBN 9781134563050
, or download in
More from this author
- Changing Educational Contexts, Issues and Identities2006US$ 49.95431 pages
- Promoting Quality in Learning2000US$ 150.00289 pages