The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Ion Beam Analysis
Fundamentals and Applications
Ion Beam Analysis: Fundamentals and Applications explains the basic characteristics of ion beams as applied to the analysis of materials, as well as ion beam analysis (IBA) of art/archaeological objects. It focuses on the fundamentals and applications of ion beam methods of materials characterization.
The book explains how ions interact with solids and describes what information can be gained. It starts by covering the fundamentals of ion beam analysis, including kinematics, ion stopping, Rutherford backscattering, channeling, elastic recoil detection, particle induced x-ray emission, and nuclear reaction analysis. The second part turns to applications, looking at the broad range of potential uses in thin film reactions, ion implantation, nuclear energy, biology, and art/archaeology.
- Examines classical collision theory
- Details the fundamentals of five specific ion beam analysis techniques
- Illustrates specific applications, including biomedicine and thin film analysis
- Provides examples of ion beam analysis in traditional and emerging research fields
Supplying readers with the means to understand the benefits and limitations of IBA, the book offers practical information that users can immediately apply to their own work. It covers the broad range of current and emerging applications in materials science, physics, art, archaeology, and biology. It also includes a chapter on computer applications of IBA.
460 pages; ISBN 9781439846391
, or download in
- Academic > Physics > Electric discharge > Ionization of gases
- Academic > Physics > Electric discharge > Ion bombardment
- Academic > Physics > General
- Academic > Physics > Electricity
- Academic > Physics > Electricity and magnetism
- Academic > Physics > Physics; History
- Science > Nuclear Physics
- Technology > Material Science