The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Soviet Politics in Perspective is a new edition of Richard Sakwas successful textbook Soviet Politics: an introduction. Thoroughly revised and updated it builds on the previous editions comprehensive and accessible exploration of the Soviet system, from its rise in 1919 to its collapse in 1991.
The book is divided into five parts, which focus on key aspects of Soviet politics. They are:
* historical perspectives, beginning with the Tsarist regime on the eve of Revolution, the rise and development of Stalinism, through to the decline of the regime under Brezhnev and his successors and Gorbachev's attempts to revive the system
* institutions of Government, such as the Communist Party, security apparatus, the military, the justice system, local government and participation
* theoretical approaches to Soviet politics, including class and gender politics, the role of ideology and the shift from dissent to pluralism
* key policy areas: the command economy and reform; nationality politics; and foreign and defence policy
* an evaluation of Soviet rule, and reasons for its collapse.
Providing key texts and bibliographies, this book offers the complete history and politics of the Soviet period in a single volume. It will be indispensable to students of Soviet and post-Soviet politics as well as the interested general reader.
372 pages; ISBN 9781134909964
, or download in or
Title: Soviet Politics
Author: Richard Sakwa
Killing Patton 2014 US$ 12.99 304 pages
History for the IB Diploma: Causes, Practices and Effects of Wars 2011 US$ 26.00 241 pages