Play in Early Childhood
From Birth to Six Years
Play and development are key topics for all who work with young children. Based on the pioneering work of Mary D. Sheridan, Play in Early Childhood is an introductory text which explains how children's play develops and how they develop as they play. It features:
- over eighty illustrations
- descriptions of play at each stage of development, from birth to six years
- outlines of different play sequences
- information on children with special needs
- practical advice on the adult's role in providing for play.
This edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to meet the needs of early years workers and students on courses leading to awards in child care and education.
Title: Play in Early Childhood
Author: Jackie Harding; Liz Meldon-Smith; Mary Sheridan
The Handbook for Enhancing Professional Practice 2008 US$ 27.95 190 pages
An Introduction to Interdisciplinary Research 2017 US$ 37.50 131 pages