The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Children in Difficulty
A Guide to Understanding and Helping
Written by two practising clinicians, this book is designed as a guide for those who work with children. In clear, simple language it focuses upon some of the most common, yet often incapacitating difficulties which are frequently encountered by young children and adolescents.
After introducing and discussing different forms of therapy and treatment used in clinical work with children, the book provides a series of chapters, each dealing with a specific difficulty. Drawing upon recent research findings, and employing detailed case illustrations, it seeks to help the reader to understand the nature of each problem and offers a guide as to how the child in difficulty can best be helped.
The book is designed to be of particular value to those working in education, social work, health and child-care settings, and anyone who needs to be able to recognize and help children in difficulty.
237 pages; ISBN 9781134760800
, or download in
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, Expanded Edition 2014 US$ 10.99 288 pages
Hold Me Tight 2008 US$ 12.99
- Academic > Health Sciences > Pediatrics > Diseases of children and adolescents > Mental disorders. Child psychiatry
- Academic > Health Sciences > Pediatrics > Examination. Diagnosis
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Developmental > Child
- Political Science > Social Services & Welfare
- Education > Special Education
- Social Science > Social Work
- Family & Relationships > Abuse