The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Methods of Criminological Research
Examining the different ways in which data can be collected and analyzed for research on crime and criminal justice, this book deals with social surveys, experimental methods, official statistics, observation and detailed interviews. This practical text includes sections on:
* methods of criminological research
* types of data
* measuring and explaining crime
* studying the criminal justice system
* gaining access
* publishing results.
Throughout, it emphasizes the necessity of examining forms of data collection and analysis within the context of the criminological problems being investigated, the theoretical approaches used to address these problems, and the political and institutional contexts within which research takes place.
205 pages; ISBN 9781134858309
, or download in or
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Emergency management > Relief in case of disasters > Special types of disasters
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Criminology
- Social Science > Research
- True Crime