The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Fifty Key Thinkers on the Environment
Fifty Key Thinkers on the Environment is a unique guide to environmental thinking through the ages. Joy A. Palmer, herself an important and prolific author on environmental matters, has assembled a team of thirty-five expert contributors to summarize and analyse the thinking of fifty diverse and stimulating figures – from all over the world and from ancient times to the present day. Among those included are:
- Philosophers such as Rousseau, Spinoza and Heidegger
- Activists such as Chico Mendes
- Literary giants such as Virgil, Goethe and Wordsworth
- Major religious and spiritual figures such as the Buddha and St Francis of Assisi.
Lucid, scholarly and informative, these fifty essays offer a fascinating overview of mankind’s view and understanding of the physical world.
336 pages; ISBN 9781134756247
, or download in or
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Philosophy and methodology
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Philosophy
- Science > Earth Sciences
- Science > Biology
- Science > Environmental Science
- Science > Geography
- Social Science > Human Geography
- Nature > Environmental Conservation & Protection
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology
- The Environment
- Political Science