The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Communities Across Borders
New Immigrants and Transnational Cultures
Communities across Borders examines the many ways in which national, ethnic or religious groups, professions, businesses and cultures are becoming increasingly tangled together.
It show how this entanglement is the result of the vast flows of people, meanings, goods and money that now migrate between countries and world regions. Now the effectiveness and significance of electronic technologies for interpersonal communication (including cyber-communities and the interconnectedness of the global world economy) simultaneously empowers even the poorest people to forge effective cultures stretching national borders, and compels many to do so to escape injustice and deprivation.
224 pages; ISBN 9781134527007
, or download in
More from this author
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Social psychology > Social influence. Social pressure
- Academic > Psychology > Social psychology > Social influence. Social pressure
- Academic > Sociology > Communities. Classes. Races
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Political Science > Globalization
- Political Science > International Relations
- Social Science > Emigration & Immigration
- Social Science > Sociology