The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Architectural System Structures - Integrating Design Complexity in Industrialised Construction
Integrating Design Complexity in Industrialised Construction
This book proposes a system structure in architectural design that conceptualises a systemic level in architecture and construction that lies between general construction techniques and specific architectural results. In order to make such a system structure operational, the elaboration of a model seeks on the one hand to analytically grasp and on the other hand to make it possible to actively work with system structures as part of architectural design. Kasper Sanchez Vibaek's ambition is to bridge an apparent and increasing gap between architectural ideation and the way these ideas are brought to life as real physical manifestations of our built environment.
In line with the so-called systems sciences the book rejects the prevalent scientific view that the degree of detail ‘automatically’ enhances understanding and explanative power of complex phenomena. It establishes the idea of a systems view on buildings and architectural design that through the use of flexible constituent elements facilitates discussion and decision making about how architectural wholes are appropriately put together as assemblages of what the current and future building industry is capable of producing.
Based on several years of detailed research into the architectural consequences of construction when exposed to industrialised production techniques and systems, Architectural System Structures represents a new way to look at what is already there and is useful for all those interested in the processes of architectural creation and realisation specifically attached to time, place and cultural context.
254 pages; ISBN 9781317675617
, or download in or
More Political Science
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > Theaters > By city and building A-Z
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > 1821- > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theatrical costume and costume design > Materials and articles of clothing > Rings, bracelets, armillae, etc. > 1821-
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture > General
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture > General works
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture > Architectural criticism
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > By city and building A-Z
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > General
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > General works
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > Architectural criticism
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Other countries A-Z
- Academic > Economics
- Architecture > Urban & Land Use Planning
- Political Science > City Planning & Urban Development