The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Management of Obesity and Related Disorders
This concise handbook concentrates on the management, pharmacological and otherwise, of obesity and its related problems. Diabetes, cardiovascular and respiratory disorders, hyperlipidaemia and fibrinolytic abnormalities are all exacerbated by obesity, which is now epidemic in scale. Professor Peter Kopelman has assembled an international team of experts to discuss the problem of obesity and its related disorders. The first section of this practical guide discusses the varying management approaches of exercise, diet, behaviour, pharmacology and surgery, while the second section concentrates on the management of the specific related disorders. As well as acting as a useful reference guide for the specialist, this book is primarily aimed at GPs, who will need to assess obese patients presenting with a variety of the above complications and needing treatment.
More from this author
The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet 2014 US$ 14.99 288 pages
The Body Book 2013 US$ 15.99 224 pages
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Specialties of internal medicine > Metabolic diseases
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Eating Disorders
- Health & Fitness > Diseases > Diabetes
- Medicine > Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Medicine > Family & General Practice
- Medicine > Diet Therapy
- Medicine > Diseases
- Health & Fitness > Weight Loss