Other People's Shoes
Thoughts on Acting
Harriet Walter's wonderfully practical - and personal - introduction to acting.
"Acting is what I do with who I am", writes Harriet Walter. And in this book she takes us step by step through the processes involved in performance. Each step of the way is illuminated with brilliantly precise examples drawn from her own experience.
'My advice to a young actor: read this book' Richard Eyre
'Buy it, and be delightfully and unhectoringly informed about exactly what it is that actors get up to and why... Harriet Walter is sharp, clear, elegant, sturdily sensitive' Observer
'A fascinating insight into the working life of an actor... very enjoyable' The Times
320 pages; ISBN 9781780010908
, or download in
Title: Other People's Shoes
Author: Harriet Walter
More Performing Arts
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > Art of Acting > Treatises
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Societies
- Performing Arts > Acting & Auditioning
- Performing Arts > Theater