Classical Monologues for Men
The Good Audition Guides: Helping you select and perform the audition piece that is best suited to your performing skills
Each Good Audition Guide contains a range of fresh monologues, all prefaced with a summary of the vital information you need to place the piece in context and to perform it to maximum effect in your own unique way.
Each volume also carries a user-friendly introduction on the whole process of auditioning.
Classical Monologues for Men contains 50 monologues drawn from classical plays throughout the ages and ranging across all of Western Theatre:
- Classical Greek and Roman
- Elizabethan and Jacobean
- French and Spanish Golden Age
- Restoration and Eighteenth Century
- Nineteenth and Early Twentieth Centuries
'sound practical advice for anyone attending an audition... so many of these extracts simply cry out to be performed... a source of inspiration for teachers and students alike... a must' Teaching Drama
160 pages; ISBN 9781780010816
, or download in
Title: Classical Monologues for Men
Author: Marina Calderone
More Performing Arts
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > Study and teaching > Selections for practice [monologues, scenes, etc]
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Societies
- Performing Arts > Acting & Auditioning