An Homogeneous Approach
Research on designing new catalytic systems has been one of the most important fields in modern organic chemistry, and one reason for this is the predominant contribution of catalysis to the concepts of atom economy and green chemistry in the 21st century. Gold, considered catalytically inactive for a long time, is now a fascinating partner of modern chemistry, as scientists such as Bond, Haruta, Hutchings, Ito and Hayashi opened new perspectives for the whole synthetic chemist community. This book presents the major advances in homogeneous catalysis, emphasizing the methodologies that create carbon-carbon and carbon-heteroatom bonds, the applications that create diversity and synthesize natural products, and the recent advances and challenges in asymmetric catalysis and computational research.
The Handbook of Homogeneous Gold Catalysis provides readers with in-depth information about gold-catalyzed reactions and presents several explanations for the scientific design of a catalyst. Readers will be able to understand the entire gold area and find solutions to problems in catalysis.
Featuring prominent authors, who are experts in their respective fields, this is the first book dedicated to homogeneous gold chemistry.
- From Gold in Nature to Gold Catalysts (S Kramer and F Gagosz)
- Oxidation and Reduction Reactions (L Zhang)
- Gold-Catalyzed Addition of Carbon Nucleophile to C-C Multiple Bond (B Simmons and H C Shen)
- Gold-Catalyzed Addition of Heteroatom Nucleophile to C-C Multiple Bond (N Asao, N Hatakeyama and Y Yamamoto)
- Gold-Catalyzed Synthesis of Heterocycles (A Arcadi)
- Multi-Component Reactions (R Skouta and C J Li)
- Gold Catalyzed Tandem and Cascade Reactions (R-S Liu)
- Cycloisomerization Reactions of 1,n-Enynes (N Huguet and A Echavarren)
- Gold-Catalyzed Reaction of Propargylic Esters (L Fensterbank, J-P Goddard, M Malacria and S Simonneau)
- Gold-Catalyzed Cross-Coupling Reactions (S Blum)
- Gold-Catalyzed Reactions: A Computational Approach (E Soriano & J Marco-Contelles)
- Asymmetric Gold-Catalyzed Reactions (P Y Toullec, A Pradal and V Michelet)
- Gold Catalysis in Natural Product Synthesis (M Gesinski and F D Toste)
Readership: Student, professionals.
564 pages; ISBN 9781848168534
, or download in
Title: Gold Catalysis
Author: F. Dean Toste; Veronique Michelet
People and Wildlife, Conflict or Co-existence? 2005 US$ 64.00 517 pages
The Sixth Extinction 2014 US$ 9.99 352 pages
Sapiens 2015 US$ 14.99 352 pages
An Introduction to the Global Circulation of the Atmosphere 2015 US$ 90.00 480 pages