A Brief Introduction to US Politics
A Brief Introduction to American Politicsprovides a coherent and succinct account of how contemporary American politics blends enduring principles with the realities and demands of the present day.
Beginning with a brief overview of American society today, the book introduces the constitutional framework of American politics and the fluid concept and practice of federalism. It also covers the major features of the representative process, looking at both elections and main players such as parties, interest groups, and the media. Chapters on the major institutions of the federal government - the presidency, the Congress, and the Supreme Court – examines how they are simultaneously independent and constrained by each other. Chapters on domestic and foreign policy demonstrate how government and politics work in connection with the system’s main outputs.
A Brief Introduction to American Politicsis a shorter version of Politics USA and is intended for students who need an introduction to the essential features of the American political system.
216 pages; ISBN 9781317873341
, or download in or
Title: A Brief Introduction to US Politics
Author: Robert McKeever; Phillip Davies
More Political Science
The 48 Laws of Power 2000 US$ 18.99 480 pages
Political Ideologies and Political Parties in America 2014 US$ 23.00 242 pages
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > United States
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > United States > Political parties
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Political rights. Political participation
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (United States) > Capital. Public buildings. Government property. Government purchasing > Political parties
- Political Science > Practical Politics