The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Making of Modern Irish History
Revisionism and the Revisionist Controversy
This volume brings together distinguished historians of Ireland, each of whom tackles a key question, issue or event in Irish history since the eighteenth century and:
* examines its historiography
* assesses the context of new interpretations
* considers the strengths and weaknesses of revisionist ideas
* offers their own interpretation.
Topics covered are not only of historical interest but, in the context of recent revisionist debates, of contemporary political significance.
These original contributions take account of new evidence and perspectives, as well as up-to-date historical methodology. Their combination of synthesis and analysis represent a valuable guide to the present state of the writing of modern Irish history.
256 pages; ISBN 9781134807628
, or download in or
More from this author
- Nationalism in Ireland1995US$ 44.95502 pages
- Political Thought in Ireland Since the Seventeenth Century1993US$ 140.00240 pages
Duty 2014 US$ 14.99 640 pages