The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Construction Methods and Planning
This new edition of John Illingworth's popular book provides a thorough introduction to the selection of construction methods, their planning and organization on site. Thoroughly revised and updated, Construction Methods and Planning takes a practical, down-to-earth approach and features numerous examples and illustrations taken from real situations and sites. In Part One, the main factors which determine the planning of construction methods - site inspections, the site itself, temporary works, design, cost concepts and selection of plant and methods - are discussed. In Part Two, the application of these tools is presented, covering foundations and basements, in situ and precast concrete structures, steel frames, cladding, internal and external works, waste, methods statements, contract planning control and claims. The author provides an extension of the concept of 'buildability' and new chapters on facade retention and the refurbishment of domestic accommodation.
- Academic > Engineering > Building construction > Systems of building construction, Including fireproof construction, concrete construction
- Architecture > Public, Commercial, or Industrial Buildings
- Technology > Engineering > Civil
- Political Science > City Planning & Urban Development
- Technology > Construction