The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
ICT, Pedagogy and the Curriculum
Subject to Change
This book explores the impact new information and communication technologies are having on teaching and the way children learn. The book addresses key issues across all phases of primary and secondary education, both in the UK and internationally.
ICT, Pedagogy and the Curriculum looks at the relationship between ICT, paradigms of teaching and learning, and the way in which curriculum subjects are represented. Three principal areas are addressed:
* the wider perception of ICT in society, culture and schooling
* the challenges to pedagogy
* the way in which ICT not only supports learning and teaching but changes the nature of curriculum subjects.
The tensions between the use of technology to replicate traditional practices, and the possibilities for transforming the curriculum and pedagogy are explored, offering an original and distinctively critical perspective on the way in which we understand ICT in education.
It will be of interest to all primary and secondary teachers and those in initial teacher training who are concerned about current technology initiatives in education and how to respond to them.
261 pages; ISBN 9781134567102
, or download in or
More from this author
- Rethinking English in Schools2007US$ 150.00264 pages
- Cultural-Historical Perspectives on Teacher Education and Development2010US$ 47.95269 pages
A Handbook for Classroom Management That Works 2005 US$ 27.95 189 pages
The Principal's Guide to Managing School Personnel 2008 US$ 36.95 217 pages