The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Dictionary of Civil Society, Philanthropy and the Third Sector
This guide to civil society provides a quick and easy reference to the key people, concepts and organizations of the third sector. It contains approximately 300 up-to-date entries including all terms and concepts associated with civil society, as well as regional information. Key features of the dictionary include:
* definitions of concepts and terms surrounding civil society
* details on specific regions important in the history of civil society, such as India, the CIS and the USA
* profiles of the key personalities and organizations involved in the third sector
* includes information on how the sector operates (e.g. Fair Trade, grassroots organizations and exit strategies)
* provides information that would otherwise require many volumes to locate.
Key terms include: Citizenship, Social Captial, Rule of Law, Nonprofit Management, Corporate Responsibilities and Social Origins Theory.
317 pages; ISBN 9781135355975
, or download in
Title: Dictionary of Civil Society, Philanthropy and the Third Sector
Author: Helmut K. Anheier
The Holy Bible 1900 US$ 4.95 4313 pages
On Writing Well, 30th Anniversary Edition 2012 US$ 11.49 336 pages