A Dictionary of Civil Society, Philanthropy and the Third Sector
This guide to civil society provides a quick and easy reference to the key people, concepts and organizations of the third sector. It contains approximately 300 up-to-date entries including all terms and concepts associated with civil society, as well as regional information. Key features of the dictionary include:
* definitions of concepts and terms surrounding civil society
* details on specific regions important in the history of civil society, such as India, the CIS and the USA
* profiles of the key personalities and organizations involved in the third sector
* includes information on how the sector operates (e.g. Fair Trade, grassroots organizations and exit strategies)
* provides information that would otherwise require many volumes to locate.
Key terms include: Citizenship, Social Captial, Rule of Law, Nonprofit Management, Corporate Responsibilities and Social Origins Theory.
317 pages; ISBN 9781135355975
, or download in
Title: A Dictionary of Civil Society, Philanthropy and the Third Sector
Author: Helmut K. Anheier
The Holy Bible 1900 US$ 4.95 4313 pages
On Writing Well, 30th Anniversary Edition 2012 US$ 10.44 336 pages