Fundamentals of Geomorphology
This extensively revised and updated edition continues to present an engaging and comprehensive introduction to the subject, exploring the world’s landforms from a broad systems perspective. It reflects on the latest developments in the field and includes new chapters on geomorphic materials and processes, hillslopes and changing landscapes.
Fundamentals of Geomorphology is an engaging and comprehensive introduction. Starting with a consideration of the nature of geomorphology and the geomorphic system, geomorphic materials and processes, and the quest of process and historical geomorphologists, it moves on to discuss:
- structure: landforms resulting from, or influenced by, the endogenic agencies of tectonic and volcanic processes, geological structures and rock types
- process and form: landforms resulting from, or influenced by, the exogenic agencies of weathering, running water, flowing ice and meltwater, ground ice and frost, the wind and the sea
- history: earth surface history, giving a discussion of Quaternary landforms and ancient landforms, including the origin of old plains, relict, exhumed, and stagnant landscape features and evolutionary aspects of landscape change.
Fundamentals of Geomorphology provides a stimulating and innovative perspective on the key topics and debates within the field of geomorphology. Written in an accessible and lively manner, it includes guides to further reading, chapter summaries and an extensive glossary of key terms. The book is also illustrated throughout with over 200 informative diagrams and attractive photographs, including a colour plate section.
408 pages; ISBN 9781134549115
, or download in or
Title: Fundamentals of Geomorphology
Author: Richard Huggett
Commercializing Successful Biomedical Technologies 2008 US$ 44.00 361 pages
Electronics All-in-One For Dummies 2013 US$ 31.99 843 pages
- Academic > Physical Geography > Geomorphology. Landforms. Terrain > Geomorphology
- Academic > Geography > Physical geography > Geomorphology. Landforms. Terrain
- Science > Environmental Science
- Science > Geography
- Science > Earth Sciences
- Science > Geophysics
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology