The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Biological Basis of Nursing: Mental Health
Written by an experienced nurse lecturer who also trained as a mental health nurse, this book explores the underlying biology associated with the pathology of mental health disorders and the related nervous system. Integrating related pharmacological and genetic knowledge, The Biological Basis of Nursing: Mental Health covers topics including:
- the physiology of neurotransmission and receptors
- the normal human brain
- hormones and mental health
- the biology of emotions, stress, anxiety and phobic states
- the biology of substance abuse
- developmental disorders
- genetics and mental health
- affective disorders: depression and suicide
- the ageing brain and dementia
- degenerative diseases of the brain
- epilepsy and sleep disorders.
Relevant to nurses at all stages of their training, this is an essential text for mental health nursing students, practitioners and educators.
282 pages; ISBN 9781134536801
, or download in