Success with Mathematics
Many students find the leap between school and university level mathematics to be significantly greater than they expected. Success with Mathematics has been devised and written especially in order to help students bridge that gap. It offers clear, practical guidance from experienced teachers of mathematics in higher education on such key issues as:
* getting started
* ways of studying
* mathematical communication
* learning by doing
* using ICT
* using calculators
* what next.
After reading this book, students will find themselves better prepared for the change in pace, rigour and abstraction they encounter in degree level mathematics. They will also find themselves able to broaden their learning strategies and improve their self-directed study skills.
This book is essential reading for anyone following, or about to undertake, a degree in mathematics, or other degree courses with mathematical content.
192 pages; ISBN 9781134426546
, or download in or
Title: Success with Mathematics
Author: Heather Cooke
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Vinogradov, Ivan Matveevich, 1891-
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics; Periodicals
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics; Study and teaching; Great Britain
- Academic > Mathematics > Elementary mathematics
- Mathematics > Study & Teaching
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Education > Study Skills
- Education > Secondary