The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Understanding and Supporting Troubled and Troublesome Girls and Young Women
This book explores the issues surrounding girls and young women who are seen as troubled or troublesome. It sets out to further our understanding of young women who face or cause difficulties, offering a diverse and complex view.
Recognising the increasing importance of schools as the primary source of support for girls and young women, the chapters discuss the implications for practice of teachers and other professionals, covering important issues like:
- girls' classroom behaviour
- mental health problems
- violence and sexuality
- exclusion and community offences.
By presenting a range of theoretical perspectives, readers of this book will be encouraged to reflect on what underpins the actions of girls and young women and take their voices seriously. It will be essential reading for practitioners and professionals in Education, as well as students and academics in the field.
192 pages; ISBN 9781134412891
, or download in or
More from this author
It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken 2005 US$ 10.99 290 pages
Why Men Love Bitches 2008 US$ 15.95
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Women. Girls
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > School administration and organization > School management and discipline
- Education > Driver Education
- Education > Educational Psychology
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Education > Special Education
- Education > Counseling
- Social Science > Gender Studies
- Family & Relationships > Adolescence
- Psychology & Psychiatry