The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Looking After Yourself and Your Career in the Classroom
All teachers experience negative stress in the workplace whether it is due to pressures of the job whilst at school or the perpetual need to take work home. In this informative book, Elizabeth Holmes provides practical advice and solutions to enable teachers to experience less negative stress in their lives and understand the links between the way they function in the classroom and their personal well-being.
Drawing on real life case studies and providing strategies for teachers wanting to be proactive in dealing with their well-being, stress and career, this book outlines all the different components that contribute to physical, emotional, spiritual and mental well-being. This includes:
* good stress and bad stress
* enhancing personal well-being at school
* well-being and career development.
Written in a clear and accessible style with plenty of practical examples and advice, Teacher Well-Being is an essential read for all teachers, headteachers and school managers, whether just entering the profession or experienced practitioners.
174 pages; ISBN 9781134311613
, or download in
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > School administration and organization > Teaching personnel
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Education and training of teachers and administrators > Professional aspects of teaching and school administrators.
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials