This compact, well-illustrated and clearly written book offers an essential guide to the complex and contradictory nature of this master of theatre.
Routledge Performance Practitioners are a series of introductory guides to key theatre-makers. These compact, well-illustrated and clearly written books will unravel the contribution of modern theatre's most charismatic innovators.
This is the first book to combine:
- an overview of Stanislavsky's life history
- an assessment of his widely read text, An Actor Prepares
- detailed commentary of the key 1998 production of The Seagull
- an indispensable set of practical exercises for actors, teachers and directors.
As a first step towards critical understanding, and as an initial exploration before going on to further, primary research, Routledge Performance Practitioners are unbeatable value for today's student.
184 pages; ISBN 9781134513482
, or download in or
Title: Konstantin Stanislavsky
Author: Bella Merlin
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > Art of Acting > Method acting
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Societies
- Performing Arts > Acting & Auditioning
- Performing Arts > Film
- Performing Arts > Theater
- Literary Criticism > Drama
- Biography & Autobiography > Entertainment & Performing Arts