The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Environmental Management and Development
The environment and its management has been, and continues to be a very topical issue. Existing environment and development texts place emphasis is on listing problems, making warnings and voicing advocacy, but by focusing on environmental management, this informative book offers a very different perspective.
Moving on from the usual much-discussed viewpoints, Barrow looks towards practical management and problem-solving techniques. He clarifies the definition, nature and role of environmental management in development and developing countries, beginning with an introduction to the key terms, issues and tools of environmental management, which are linked and developed in later chapters, and concluding by discussing who pays for environmental management and its future in developing countries.
Written by an experienced and well-known author, this clear, user-friendly book, ideal for students of resource management, geography and development studies, makes excellent use of chapter summaries, boxed case studies, annotated further readings and websites, discussion questions and illustrations.
216 pages; ISBN 9781134462599
, or download in or
Title: Environmental Management and Development
Author: Chris Barrow
More Social Science
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmental management > Environmental management, general
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Communication in environmental sciences
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Environmental management
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences > Environmental management
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Information services
- Science > Environmental Science
- Science > Geography
- Social Science > Human Geography
- Social Science > Third World Development
- The Environment