The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Small Water Supplies
A Practical Guide
There are approximately 50,000 small water supplies in the UK alone, and thousands more worldwide. Dealing with the idiosyncratic characteristics of small water supplies requires specialist knowledge, and this book provides invaluable guidance for professionals.
Based on the extensive practical experience of the author, this book covers how small independent supplies differ from public water supplies, and outlines the health dangers they pose, along with detailed instruction in water sampling and risk assessment techniques. Clapham describes the different types of water supplies including their construction and treatment systems, and discusses common problems encountered. A wide range of case studies bring the theory to life, and both UK and European legislation is discussed. There is also a sizeable section dealing with small water supplies in developing countries.
340 pages; ISBN 9781134457496
, or download in
- Academic > Engineering > Environmental technology > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes
- Technology > Engineering > Civil
- Science > Geography
- Technology > Construction
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology