The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Encyclopaedia of Race and Ethnic Studies
Developed from the critically acclaimed and commercially successful Dictionary of Race and Ethnic Relations, now in its fourth edition, Encyclopedia of Race and Ethnic Studies has been assembled by a world-class team of international scholars led by Ellis Cashmore to provide an authoritative, single-volume reference work on all aspects of race and ethnic studies. From Aboriginal Australians to xenophobia, Nelson Mandela to Richard Wagner, sexuality to racial profiling, the Encyclopedia is organized alphabetically and reflects cultural diversity in a global context. The entries range from succinct 400 word definitions to in-depth 2000 word essays to provide comprehensive coverage of:
- all the key terms, concepts and debates
- important figures, both historical and contemporary
- landmark cases
- historical events
Although unafraid to engage with cutting-edge theory, the Encyclopedia is uncluttered by jargon and has been written in a lucid, 'facts-fronted' style to offer an accessible introduction to race and ethnic studies. The Encyclopedia is also fully cross-referenced and thoroughly indexed with most entries followed by annotated up-to-date suggestions for further reading to guide the user to the key sources. It is destined to become an essential resource for scholars and students of race and ethnic studies, as well as a handy reference for journalists and others working in the field.
512 pages; ISBN 9781134447053
, or download in or
More from this author
The Holy Bible 1900 US$ 4.95 4313 pages
The Handbook for Enhancing Professional Practice 2008 US$ 27.95 190 pages
- Academic > Anthropology > Ethnology. Social and cultural anthropology > Cultural traits, customs, and institutions > Political organization. Political anthropology
- Academic > Anthropology > Ethnology. Social and cultural anthropology > Cultural traits, customs, and institutions > Societal groups, ethnocentrism, diplomacy, warfare, etc.
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Science > Biology
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Human Geography
- Social Science > Discrimination & Race Relations
- Social Science > Ethnic Studies
- Reference > Encyclopedias