The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Beyond a Shadow of a Diet
The Therapist's Guide to Treating Compulsive Eating Disorders
This accessible volume will guide therapists of all disciplines through step-by-step treatment of compulsive eating.
The authors introduce the new research related to health, weight, fitness and diet failure, and then discuss a treatment method which advocates eating as guided by physiological signal: eating when you are hungry and stopping when you are full. The book offers tools for therapists to recognize compulsive eating patterns, use their training to address underlying psychological difficulties, and implement therapeutic principles for healing.
Beyond a Shadow of a Diet provides concrete steps for establishing a normal relationship with food and methods for understanding and treating the psychological aspects of compulsive eating.
303 pages; ISBN 9781135941246
, or download in
More from this author
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system > Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Neuroses
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Eating Disorders
- Self-Help > Eating Disorders
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Mental Health
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy