Field Theory, The Renormalization Group And Critical Phenomena (Second Edition)
Contents: Pertinent Concepts and Ideas in the Theory of Critical Phenomena; Formulation of the Problem of Phase Transitions in Terms of Functional Integrals; Functional Integrals in Quantum Field Theory; Perturbation Theory and Feynman Graphs; Vertex Functions and Symmetry Breaking; Expansions in the Number of Loops and Components; Renormalization; The Renormalization Group and Scaling the Critical Region; The Computation of the Critical Exponents; Beyond Leading Scaling; Universality Revisited; Critical Behavior with Several Couplings; Crossover Phenomena; Critical Phenomena near Two Dimensions.
In the second edition, the following new chapters are included:
(I) Nonlinear Models Near Two Dimensions
(II) The Field Theoretic Study of the Kosterlitz-Thouless Transition in Two Dimensions
(III) First Order Transitions Induced by Fluctuations - the Coleman-Weinberg Mechanism
Readership: Condensed matter physicists.
Title: Field Theory, The Renormalization Group And Critical Phenomena (Second Edition)
Author: D J Amit
This edition is not for sale in your country. Here are some titles that might be what you're after...
- The Field Theoretic Renormalization Group in Critical Behavior Theory and Stochastic DynamicsUS$ 172.95
- Renormalization Group TheoryUS$ 239.00
- Tensorial Methods and Renormalization in Group Field TheoriesUS$ 129.00
- The Theory of Critical PhenomenaUS$ 84.99
- Renormalization Group and Fixed PointsUS$ 49.95